- Hemp grows to maturity in 100 days, is ideal in rotation and conditions the soil for future crops with its long root system. It can provide 3-10 times the return of other common land uses in New Zealand as the Canadians and Australians are currently proving.
- Hemp requires little if any pesticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- Hemp cultivation has been documented as being able to lift heavy metals from polluted soil (as seen in Eastern Europe)
- Hemp is a compatible raw material for many industries due to its production of three raw materials, bast fibre, the hurd and the seed.
- Hemp seed is nature’s perfect food source, thanks to a perfect balance of essential fatty acids, protein and carbohydrates. You could eat only hemp seed and never be deficient in your daily dietary requirements
- Hemp seed oil can be used for human consumption or as high quality industrial oil; the by-product from the pressing process is a seedmeal, which is full of protein, ideal as a human or stock food source.
- Hemp fibre textiles, naturally stops up to 95% of the sun’s harmful UV light, while being 5 times as strong as cotton; coupled with strong anti-fungal, antibacterial properties makes the fabric a natural choice for hospitals and surgical applications.
- Hemp paper is of superior strength, and folding endurance, which will outlast wood pulp paper by a factor of ten. Hemp, on an annual basis produces, more pulp per acre than trees with considerably less risk involved.
- Hemp construction materials are available, with entire sub-divisions being built in France and England utilising hemp as a concrete substitute, an alternative to wood fibreboards and for structural reinforcement and support beams.
- The Hemp hurd being largely cellulose can and is producing biodegradable plastics.
- Hemp biomass fuel produces no sulfur and can be effectively used as a relatively clean power source due to its 95% fuel to feed ratio.
- Worldwide consumer demand for Eco Hemp products has been growing at over 100% per annum since 1990.
- Hemp was historically the World’s food and fibre source until the 1930’s, including a wide range of medicinal applications, which are now being proven by clinical study.
HEMP SEED FACTS
- Used as a food, cosmetic and medicine by humans since the beginning of recorded history.
- Hemp seed oil comprises 35% total seed weight.
- Hemp seed oil is 80% by volume essential fatty acids(EFA’s)
- 55% LA (Omega 6) 25% LNA (Omega 3) 1.7% GLA (Super Omega 6)
- EFA’s cannot be produced by the body & govern growth vitality & state of mind, anti viral & anti bacterial properties.
- Removes plaque & cholesterol from veins & arteries.
- EFA’s are fats that make you thin. (good healthy necessary fats)
- 1 pint of hemp seed oil contains 1000 I U of vitamin E, (healthy skin.)
- EFA’s are responsible for our immune responses.
- Hemp seed oil (EFA’s) promotes lustrous hair, skin & nail growth.
- Hemp seed oil induces over time smooth unblemished, satiny feeling skin (healthy).
- The Chinese believe Hemp seed oil used regularly prevents old age & keeps skin toned & firm.
- Hemp seed and oil are devoid of psychoactive properties.
- Hemp seed oil penetrates cells better than any other natural oils. –
- Skin softening properties.
- Stimulates hair growth.
- Nature’s best, perfectly balanced oil for human health.
- 24% protein, a handful of seeds per day provide minimum daily dietary requirement,
- Coconut oils etc only coat skin/hair, hemp seed oil penetrates.
HEMP SEED OIL’S ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID PROFILE
Humans need more EFA’s than any other vitamin. Unfortunately, EFA’s have been designed out of modern processed foods to extend shelf life. This is why, to maximise its beneficial attributes hemp seed oil must be cold pressed in the absence of light and oxygen.
A single photon of light can quickly alter 30,000 molecules of hemp seed oil. It goes off readily when exposed to light and air and can be quite harmful if taken spoiled.
ANALYSIS OF HEMP SEEDS
ENERGY 503 Calories/100g
CAROTENE(VITA) 16,800 IU/lb 5000 IU/Day.
THIAMINE(B1) 0.9mg/100g 1.2mg/Day.
RIBOFLAVIN(B2) 1.1mg/100g 1.7mg/Day.
PYRIDOXINE(B6) 0.3mig/100g 2.0mg/Day.
NIACIN(B3) 2.5mg/100g 20mg/Day.
VITAMIN C 1.4mg/100g 60mg/Day.
VITAMIN D 10 IU/100g 400 IU/Day.
VITAMIN E 3mg/100g 30 IU/Day.
INSOLUBLE DIETARY FIBRE. 32.1%
SOLUBLE DIETARY FIBRE. 3.0%
TOTAL DIETARY FIBRE. 35.1%.
SOURCE: DON WIRTSHAFTER, OHIO HEMPERY.