Objectives & Rules
NZHIA OBJECTIVES JUNE 2004
- To ensure Government legislation and compliance issues are necessary, workable and industry friendly;
- Removing industrial hemp from the prohibited botanicals list.
- Ensuring Government regulations remain pertinent and up to date.
- Ensure the public is properly and reliably informed regarding industrial hemp developments, technology and produce.
- Encourage environmentally friendly and ethical bioregional developments.
- Acknowledge NZHIA has no interest in the recreational cannabis debate, except where it may impede industry development.
- Supporting the industry to be able to make and market hemp products from all parts of the iHemp plant (2016)
Download a copy of the NZHIA Rules: