We facilitate the exchange of information between the iHemp industry and various stakeholders from Government to Industry and the R&D community. Our members represent the entire industry, from seed growers and processors through to suppliers and retail. Together, they bring quality hemp products from seed to shelf in both New Zealand and export markets.
Our website update is still in progress…
…and we’ll still be ironing out the kinks over the next little while, so thanks for your understanding and patience!
Use these quick navigation links to jump to common sections of the NZHIA website:
- View the Latest News & Updates.
- Browse the Industry Directory.
- Join the NZHIA: View Membership Plans.
- Login to your Membership Account.
What is the NZHIA?
The NZ Hemp Industries Association (NZHIA) is a non profit society incorporated in 1997. We are a non-profit organisation that is funded by memberships, fundraising, sponsorship, donations and koha.
What does the NZHIA do?
We support the growth and development of all aspects of the industrial hemp industry in NZ by:
- Educating and informing the public about the health, environmental, and economic benefits of reviving an industry that has been prohibited for over seventy years;
- Building a community of individuals, businesses and organisations to facilitate the growth of the industry;
- Working collaboratively with industry, government officials, and the scientific community to create and implement industrial hemp standards, certifications and regulations.
Who should join the NZHIA?
You should! If you’re reading this website, it’s likely you have an interest in the economic and health benefits of hemp grown and processed here in NZ.
- Businesses who already work in or want to become involved in the emerging NZ iHemp industry.
- Individuals who want to keep up-to-date and register their interest in the iHemp industry.
- Consumers who seek health benefits from Hemp products for their families, and want to support the industry and local businesses.
- Grass-root supporters and investors who want to see iHemp succeed in NZ.
- International businesses looking to work with iHemp businesses in NZ.
FAQ: Is Hemp Marijuana? – Can you get high from smoking hemp?
Short answer: No (Same family, different cultivars).
They both come from the same plant species, but from out of 600 known cultivars, marijuana has been selectively bred to have high THC content, while industrial hemp naturally contains much less than 1% THC. (Marijuana needs 3-18% THC to have any effect on humans.) Click here for more info about the two plants.