The NZHIA membership year started on 1st April 2016
Register your interest in the New Zealand Hemp Industry by joining the NZHIA
- We have been involved with iHemp since 1997.
- With others we lifted the moratorium on cannabis 1998-2000, we grew hemp during the trials and represented the industry on the Governments Inter Agency working group 2001-2005, which resulted in the iHemp Regulations 2006
- We continue to promote and facilitate the development of the iHemp industry
Join us today and help support us to represent the industry.
Since the NZHIA came off the watching brief status in April 2015 we have been involved in facilitating the iHemp industry:
- We have re-established out working relationship with Medicines Control and the Ministry of Health
- We have had a lot of communication with members of Parliament and all major political parties
- We have started to build relationships with other Ministries and Government agencies
- We have started networking with research institutes, universities and funding organisations
Your membership will help to ensure the Association will continue to work on behalf of the industry to:
- Promote and raise awareness of industrial hemp and hemp products, particularly food
- Advocate on behalf of the industry and reduce the reputational risk around iHemp as cannabis
- Lobby the government to review the legislation – MODA, Misuse of Drugs Act 197
- Host public meetings in areas likely to benefit from a hemp industry
- Work with the government, funding agencies and industry to facilitate the R&D required to:
- Process fibre varieties
- Evaluate suitable cultivars
- Investigate phytoremediation (cleaning polluted soils) and growing rotations
Member benefits include:
- More information and updates not included in website posts and public newsletters
- Acknowledgement of your involvement and commitment to the New Zealand hemp industries
- Access to networks involved with iHemp locally and internationally
- Being represented at the Government level
- Participation in the exchange of information and opportunities within the industry
- Participation in creating best practices within the industry
- Promotion of your business/organisation or personal profile to other members and the wider public
Please consider joining the Association, if any of the above appeal to you.
Go to the NZHIA website and complete the application from in the Join tab. Join NZHIA
Attached is a membership application.doc for any new members wanting to join. NZHIA membership-application-2017
The NZHIA bank account, ANZ, Mosgiel Branch. A/c 06 0939 0086257 00.
We will issue you with a receipt and a new membership certificate when we receive your membership fee.