Public Newsletter – April – In this issue:
• iHemp Summit 2021 Update
• Cartel criminalistation: What does this mean?
IN THE NEWS
• Former Mataura paper mill to become medicinal cannabis plant
• New Zealand’s largest crop of medicinal cannabis is being harvested in Marlborough
iHemp Summit – Programme Released
Whether you are an entrepreneur or have an established business, iHemp 2021 is for everything and everyone – from producers, manufacturers, landowners, farmers and farm supply companies, to economic development agencies, agribankers, and scientists.
Become an exhibitor
This is your chance to take part in a major industry event. Saturday 22 May is an expo day open to the public and we want you, your company and brand to be part of it.
Want to engage with your target audience?
Why not place your products at the forefront of the public eye with demonstrations and displays?
Want to network within the industry and raise awareness of your company or brand across multiple sectors?
What does that mean and how does that effect me?
New law means that from 8th April 2021 cartel conduct could be punished with up to 7 years’ imprisonment.
A cartel is where two or more businesses agree not to compete with each other. This conduct can take many forms, including price fixing, allocating markets, rigging bids or restricting output of goods and services.
A company or an individual can apply for conditional leniency from civil proceedings and conditional immunity from criminal proceedings or formal cooperation (if leniency and/or immunity is not available) in relation to cartel conduct, under the “Cartel Leniency and Immunity Policy”
Read more here
In the news
- Positive steps forward for Hemp growing, processing, and testing in NZ: Former Mataura paper mill to become medicinal cannabis plant. Read more here
- Small Marlborough company is ready to harvest New Zealand’s largest crop of medicinal cannabis – via TVNZ OnDemand. Watch more here
20 – 22 OCTOBER 2021: ASTM International Workshop on Cannabis Standardization
Join the NZHIA for more information and support for your hemp enterprise, together we stand!