New sustainable products can be created from the whole of the hemp plant by combining biorefinery and manufacturing technologies.
Scion research and development options
Scion can help hemp growers, product designers and innovative brands to cultivate and use this plant in new sustainable products that are carbon neutral and will contribute to the growing circular bioeconomy.
- Mechanical, biochemical, and thermal processing options
- Advanced chemical characterisation
- Developing and characterising new biocomposite materials
- Developing and testing biomaterial applications (injection moulding, extrusion and 3D printing)
- Biochemicals and biofuels expertise
Get in touch to find out how Scion can help with your unique research and development needs.
Scion is the Crown research institute that specialises in research, science and technology development for forestry, wood and wood-derived materials, and other bio-material sectors.
Scion’s purpose is to create economic value across the entire forestry value chain, and contribute to beneficial environmental and social outcomes for New Zealand.
To find out more contact Dr Stefan Hill at Scion via email or telephone on +64 (07) 343 5872.